Job Title: Event Manager – Tiree Music Festival
Location: Remote working for planning months, onsite for event operation & delivery in July Job Type: Part-Time Freelance (working alongside local Event Manager)
Application Deadline: 5pm Monday 19th February
About Tiree Music Festival
Tiree Music Festival (TMF) is a renowned annual music festival set against the stunning backdrop of the Isle of Tiree in Scotland. Known for its vibrant atmosphere, top-tier musical acts, and beautiful natural surroundings, TMF has been captivating attendees from all over the world for over a decade. As we prepare for our next exciting chapter, we are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Event Manager to join our team.
Position Overview: The Event Manager will play a pivotal role in the planning, organisation, and execution of Tiree Music Festival. This individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the festival’s operations, from logistics and vendor management to crowd control and safety, ensuring that TMF continues to be a memorable and safe experience for all attendees. The role will involve working with the Directors, local Event Manager and core team on both short term goals of delivering a successful 2024 event as well as the long term strategy of the organisation.
Event Planning and Logistics:
- ● Collaborate with the festival’s leadership team to create and implement eventstrategies and plans.
- ● Manage all aspects of event logistics, including site layout, stages, food andbeverage services, security, transportation, and more.
- ● Coordinate with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to ensure seamlessexecution.Budget Management:
- ● Develop and manage the festival budget, tracking expenses and revenuesthroughout the planning process.
- ● Identify cost-saving opportunities and ensure the event stays within budgetconstraints.
- ● Creative approach to increasing revenue streams in an event that has alimited capacityVendor and Sponsor Relations:
● Cultivate and maintain relationships with vendors, sponsors, and partners.
● Negotiate contracts, agreements, and partnerships that align with TMF’s goals and values.
Safety and Security:
- ● Implement comprehensive safety and security plans to protect attendees andstaff.
- ● Coordinate with local authorities, law enforcement, and medical teams toensure a safe festival environment.Team Leadership:
- ● Supervise and lead a team of event staff and volunteers, ensuring effectivecommunication and teamwork.
- ● Delegate tasks and responsibilities as necessary.Marketing and Promotion:
- ● Collaborate with the communications team to develop and executepromotional strategies to maximise ticket sales and attendance.
- ● Utilise social media, advertising, and other channels to enhance the festival’svisibility.Funding and Sponsorship
- ● Manage and communicate with existing sponsors as well as seeking newsponsorship opportunities that align with the festival’s values
- ● Management of funding applications and deadlinesCompliance and Permits:
● Ensure all necessary permits, licences, and regulatory requirements are
obtained and adhered to.
- ● Leadership abilities and effective communication style
- ● Proven experience in event or project management, preferably with festivals orsimilar events.
- ● Strong project management and organisational skills.
- ● Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- ● Proficiency in cloud based administration (Google Workspace, Zoom, etc) and eventmanagement software advantageous.
- ● Knowledge of health and safety regulations and best practices
- ● Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Management, Hospitality, Business, or arelated field (preferred)
Working Hours/Commitment: negotiable/flexible but with a set minimum commitment per month:
60-80hrs per month – March to May
140hrs per month in June & July
Contract Term: Initial 5 month probationary period then transition to a 12 month rolling contract. Rate negotiable on experience.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter outlining their relevant experience and interest to email@example.com. Please include “Event Manager Application – TMF” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Monday 5th February.
Tiree Music Festival is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
Join us in creating unforgettable experiences for music lovers on the picturesque Isle of Tiree. Be part of the team that brings the magic of TMF to life!