Wiston Lodge are the thirty third recipients of Hands Up for Trad’s Business Limelight Award. The “Limelight’s” are a monthly initiative (launched in October 2012) that recognises the outstanding contributions made by businesses and organisations who contribute, shape and influence the arts and cultural sector in Scotland today. Wiston Lodge are a centre who do great work with young and vulnerable people. They are also one of Hands Up for Trad’s longest partners.
We asked Wendy Johnstone of Wiston Lodge the following questions.
What is your principal company activity?
Wiston Lodge, ‘A Place To Grow’, welcomes groups to our residential centre to develop their skills and confidence. We work predominantly with children and vulnerable groups but throughout the year we welcome a range of groups for a variety of different experiences.
When and where did the company first start trading?
What made you want to work in Scottish culture?
We offer tailored programmes to groups to enable the participants to grow their skills, confidence and team working. They can do this through Outdoor Challenges and/or Creative Arts. We are passionate about the opportunities that Music, Dance, Drama and the Arts can open up to our visitors.
Can you tell us of any particular company highlights?
1) Key lasting partnerships, which continue to go from strength to strength, such as that with Hands up for Trad who bring a range of groups throughout the year.
2) Providing a blend of opportunities to reach out to all our participants.
3) The inclusive and welcoming nature of Wiston Lodge.
4) Our Volunteering Friendly approach.
5) New funding
What are your company’s plans for the future?
1) To warm up the old Lodge with our new Biomass system!
2) More outreach to vulnerable groups to strengthen the quality of the overall experience.
3) To continue to strengthen the overall visitor experience: accommodation, food, programme, including ongoing refurbishment as and when we can.
4) Development of our funded Volunteering opportunities.
5) Keep our valued visitors coming back for a fantastic experience.
How will you celebrate receiving Hands Up for Trad’s Business Limelight award?
# Sharing the good news with our Friends & Supporters via our monthly online newsletter, our website and social media outlets.
# Sharing the good news with the local and regional press.
# Sharing the news with our Board, staff and volunteers and thanking them for their ongoing hard work! We might even have a ceilidh.
Contact Wiston Lodge
Follow these topics: Limelight, News, Newsletter