Join the Hands Up for Trad Strathspey and Reel Society for our sessions led by fiddler Claire Gullan to play some arrangements of great Scottish & Celtic tunes!
There will be 6 meetings of the Strathspey and Reel Society in term 4. The dates will be
Watch the society play Phil Cunningham’s beautiful Miss Rowan Davis.
All the tunes will be uploaded to Hands Up for Trad’s website and you can download them here. It will be fun – we will play for 45-60 minutes! There are 33 great sets of music and more to come! Claire will take you through them at different tempos. You will be able to download the music beforehand so you if you have time, you can practice them. You can also check our Facebook and YouTube pages for updates and videos to practice along with. Check them out here:
Facebook: HUFT Virtual Strathspey & Reel: https://www.facebook.com/groups/646956516162693/
PAY PER SESSION TICKET: £4 + booking fee per session.
Here a video of the society in action!
To take part you will need to download the free Zoom client. If you’re using a desktop or laptop download ‘Zoom client for meetings’ here. If you’re using a phone or tablet you can use the Zoom app instead on the iOS or Google Play app stores. Both are free! When you download the app you will have to sign up but it will be worth it!
When you have purchased your ticket you will be sent a link by email 1 day before event with link how to join in.
Claire Gullan is currently involved in a number of community music projects across Scotland such as The Cowal Fiddle Workshop and The Lochgoilhead Fiddle Workshop, one to one instrument tuition, she is presenter and producer of Claire’s Ceilidh Podcast, and a part-time student at The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, where she is currently studying for a Masters In Education, Teaching & Learning in the Performing Arts. Claire also enjoys a tune on the ceilidh scene, playing with her own band – Claire Gullan & Friends , and others.
Download the individual sets below.
- Gay Gordons – Mairi’s Wedding / The Sweet Maid of Glendaruel
- Jigs – Ness Bothan / Rocking The Baby
- Virginia Reel – Boil The Cabbage Down / The Hopeful Lover
- Gaelic Waltzes – Lovely Stornoway / Fagail Ghlashu (Leaving Glasgow)
- Strathspeys and Reel – Munlochy Bridge / The Marquis of Huntly’s Highland Fling / The Banks of Spey / The St Kilda Wedding
- Slow Air – Roslin Castle
- Reels – Kate Dalrymple – Far Frae Hame
- Waltz – Everyday Heroes
- Piper Hornpipes
- Irish Reels
- Retreat Marches
- 90s Jigs
- Slow Air
- Marni Watson of the Grey Coast
- Josefine’s Waltz
- Strathspey Trio
- Pipe March Medley
- ‘A’ Reels
- Gordon Duncan Set
- Shetland Jigs
- Gay Gordans 2
- The Christmas Set
- Christmas Set Medley Melody and Score
- Wee Reels
- The Craic
- Slap Ye Round The Face 6/8s
- Slow Air: The Hills of Lorne Violin 1 and Violin 2
- Society’s Welcome To The Year ’21
- MacPherson’s Rant Violin 1 and Violin 2
- Shetland Waltzes Violin 1 and Violin 2
- Irish Jigs
- Miss Rowan Davies Slow Air – score, melody 1, harmony 2, harmony 3, harmony 4
- Balloon Polka
If you have any questions please contact Hands Up for Trad