Hands Up for Trad are inviting bands to send in a demo to take part in The Battle of the Folk Bands 2021 competition to be held in Glasgow on Saturday 20th February 2020.
If you are in a band or have an idea for a band that you haven’t tried out yet this could be for you! We want musicians to take a chance and make a band that you might never have thought of! Your band can have as many as 4 members and as little as 2. it can be a song band or instrumental or a mixture of the two. You don’t need to have performed any gigs yet. All you have to do is upload 2 demo mp3s (no bigger than 4MBs each) and a brief resume using the form below. These will be listened to by a selected panel of musicians who are looking for musicality and originality and the 4 best entries will get through to perform at Battle of the Folk Bands online on February 20th 2020. 1 winner will be chosen at the concert. If you are having trouble uploading MP3s – don’t worry. Fill in the form and email Hands Up for Trad.
The prizes are: performances at Celtic Connections, Skye Festival.
Deadline for submissions is Sunday 20th December 2020. Bands will be informed on the week of 16th September if they have made it through to Battle of The Folk Bands Final.
- Bands can have between 2 and 4 members inclusive
- Bands must play music based on the Scottish tradition
- 50% of the band members must be Scottish or live in Scotland
- Deadline is Sunday 20th December 2020.
- Any questions please contact Hands Up for Trad at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hands Up for Trad’s decision is final