Have you released an album between September 2016 and August 2017? Why not submit your album into our 2016 Album of the Year competition. Based on the excellent Scottish Album of the Year Award organised by Scottish Music Industry Association (SMIA), our aim is to highlight the trad recording industry and to showcase the large amount of albums that are released each year in the trad/folk music genre. Anyone can add an album – just fill in the form with details.
In October 2017 we will announce the Trad Album of the Year Longlist (20 releases) and in November we will announce the shortlist (10 albums). The winner will be announced as usual at the Scots Trad Music Awards on the 2new December, Paisley. View the list of albums to see if your recording is on it.
If you are not on list please fill in the form below to tell us about the album. Any questions contact us.
- Albums eligible for entry are those released between September 2016 and August 2017.
- The longlist (20 releases) will be decided by an industry panel.
- The shortlist (10 releases) will be decided by 50% industry panel and 50% public.
- The winner will be decided by a public vote.
- An album is a collection of new material. Collections including greatest hits are not eligible.
- Albums can be on CD or download only.
- An album must have more than 6 tracks or 40 mins of material.
- Only albums within the folk / trad genre are eligible for this award.
- Albums must be releases by an artist living in Scotland for 5 years or Scottish by birth.
- Decisions made by Hands Up for Trad are final.