In a new development to #GiesAScotsPhraseDay which we have held the last 2 years we are instigating a wee change. #GiesAScotsPoemDay will be on Friday 9th June and it’s really braw that we are partnering with the Scottish Poetry Library to make it even better! As ever we are asking everyone to write / record / video their favourite Scots verse and post it on the 9th June with the hashtag #GiesAScotsPoemDay.
We are also asking people to send in their own Scots poems in advance of the event. We love to see new writing in Scots and if ye would like to add yer ane Scots poem for #GiesAScotsPoemDay, ye can yaise the form below. We will post the poems on our website for everyone to see. Please make sure you have permission to add the poem if you are addicting it on behalf of someone else.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All poets must be aged 13 or over.
- Writers can add as many poems as they like.
- Incomplete, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not in accordance with these terms & conditions will not be accepted.
- Some poems will be chosen by the Scottish Poetry Libary for inclusion on their website
- All poems will be made public after the event.
- Poems with rude, offensive titles will be disqualified.
- No correspondence will be entered into. The panels decision is final.
- The Promoter will only use the personal details supplied for the administration of the competition and for no other purpose, unless we have your consent.