Hello! This is my first episode of my new traditional music podcast. I’m aiming for each episode to be themed, and for this episode I have created a playlist to be listened to in the bath. I always put on an album to listen to when I’m in the bath, but put this playlist together of some of my favourites. It includes a lot of contemporary material from Scotland and America, with a combination of instrumental sets and songs. My theme for the next episode is traditional music to listen to at the gym/during your morning run. Since I’ve been home for the summer I have been going on a run a few times a week and have been uninspired by some of the running playlists available for streaming.
This week’s playlist includes:
1. The Whirlpool – Hamish Napier, The River
2. Making Music – Charlie McKerron, Charlie McKerron and Friends
3. It Was a’ for Our Rightfu’ King – Songs Of Separation, Songs Of Separation
4. 1,2,3,4 / Joseph Salter’s – Jenn & Laura-Beth, Bound
5. Harry Handbell’s/Up Da Stroods – Jenna Moynihan & Mairi Chaimbeul, One Two