Who should attend?
Those who want to understand the role of financial management in an effective social enterprise and gain the basic technical knowledge and skills to allow them to improve the financial management of their own organisations.
The course covers all the main aspects of financial management, looking backwards at annual accounts and forwards at financial planning tools, and how these are linked.
The course is split into sessions:
• Role of financial management and why it needs to be effective
• Context of financial reporting – who are we reporting to and why?
• Principles underlying financial accounting and understanding annual financial statements
• Reporting to the Board and to funders
• Planning forward – setting and monitoring budgets
• Keeping the money flowing – use of cashflows
By the end of the session you will be:-
• less mystified by financial jargon
• less bamboozled by annual accounts
• confident enough to make better use of the financial planning tools
• able to cast an appraising eye over your current financial systems and tweak them to make them work more effectively
Finance Trainer- Pamela Redpath
I am an ACCA-qualified accountant specialising in the voluntary sector, with extensive experience in financial and accounting systems, financial reporting, governance, charity and company regulation and auditing. The move from accountancy practice into the third sector stemmed from a desire to help social economy organisations become more commercially aware and to maximise their potential while retaining their ethos.
I work for Community Enterprise as a social enterprise development officer, working across Scotland. At Community Enterprise we mix business and community experience with common sense and a positive attitude to help make organisations more enterprising and sustainable through income generation. Our services cover business support, consultancy, training, mentoring and facilitation.
Prior to this I was in accountancy practice, specialising in accounts’ preparation and audit of charity clients.
The training courses are based on the technical knowledge and experience gained in accountancy practice, plus the real world experience of working with social enterprises and charities on a day-to-day basis.
FST Full/Individual Member: £100+VAT
Associate Member: £125+VAT
Non Member: £150+VAT
Location: All Scotland
For further information, please contact email@example.com (Emma Beatt), or call 0131 248 48 42, or visit http://www.scottishtheatre.org/training-development/managing-your-finances?destination=node%2F3556
The deadline is Thursday 24 November 2016 at 15:30.