Happy new year! Please find below details about an opportunity through British Council- deadline 21st January.
In Malaysia, we will run “Human-Nature”: a 3 -year programme of collaborations and partnerships between the UK and Malaysia Civil Society Organisations and arts sectors, to explore:
· Malaysia’s cultural diversity and biodiversity, the alternative values system and ancestral knowledge,
· the threats and challenges climate change represents for cultural rights and practice,
· and to develop creative responses to climate adaptation that would benefit local stakeholders,
· and enable connections and collaborations to investigate climate change through arts, science and technology.
We are looking for seven (7) UK artists, arts organisation representatives, arts tech creatives and or producers, curators, to be selected over an Expression of Interest (EOI), to visit Kuala Lumpur, Sabah and Sarawak (Borneo States) over a 10-day period in March 2024. This immersion in the Borneo context and communities will be a unique chance for the group to participate in a research trip focussed on exploring and addressing climate change through arts, science and technology, to ignite conversations and inspire change. It will involve opportunities for the group to learn and increase their knowledge about climate change and adaptation in Borneo alongside building cultural connections with the Malaysian creative sector.
We are looking for a cross discipline, cross skills group of individuals who have a strong interest in developing their knowledge in this area, making new connections and have a special interest in Malaysia’s cultural diversity and biodiversity. We are particularly interested in candidates who are keen to raise awareness and explore creative solutions for addressing climate change through the arts, technology and science which fore-front lived experience. We are also looking for participants who can create further legacy with the knowledge and experience gained through the research trip.
You can find more details about Human Nature programme here: https://www.britishcouncil.my/programmes/arts/human-nature
You can find more details about Human Nature delegation call and submission (vis Submittable) here: https://www.britishcouncil.my/programmes/arts/human-nature-opportunity-delegation
• Open call for applications: Wednesday, 20 December 2023
• Information session: January 2024
• Application deadline: Sunday, 21 January 2024, 11:59pm (BST)
• Selection announcement: Friday, 26 January 2024
• Preparation/logistics/travel bookings: February 2024
• Delegation: 29 February -10 March 2024
• Submission of essay: 31 May 2024