Basic sound engineering for musicians
Saturday 12th August 10am – 12.30pm at The Sonic Lodge, Edinburgh
In this workshop we look at mixing techniques, you will learn:
• What all the knobs do on a mixing desk
• How to use an EQ to improve sound and avoid feedback
• Learn about different makes of microphones and placement for specific instruments
• How to create a balanced mix
• Using foldback monitors so musicians and singers can hear better
Mixing techniques for musicians
Saturday 12th August 2pm – 4.30pm at The Sonic Lodge, Edinburgh
In this workshop we will look at more advanced sound engineering techniques for musicians including:
• More advanced use of EQ including the use of swept EQs and Q controls.
• Using a graphic EQ for feedback suppression and room compensation.
• Use of dynamic effects (compressor, gate).
• Using reverb in your mix.
• More advanced mic techniques and multi mic technique
• Comparing and using different mixing desks including digital mixing desks
These workshops are led by Dr. Mark Neal who co-runs the Sonic Lodge. He has a PhD in Musical Acoustics and huge experience in live sound from both from behind the sound desk and as a performer. There will be plenty of time throughout the workshops for you to ask any questions.
Book for one course for £15 or go to both for £25. To book email: email@example.com and we will send you information on how to pay.
Please note that if there is a high demand for these workshops we will move to a bigger venue – details will be confirmed by email nearer the time.
Location: Edinburgh City
The deadline is Friday 11 August 2017 at 21:00.