We are looking for a dynamic individual who can work well in a small team as well as on their own initiative, with proven experience in event programming and management. The person appointed will work closely with our Programme Director, Board, Volunteers and Partners to develop and run a range of events.
The specific qualities of our ideal candidate will include;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• A successful track record of project management including effective budgeting and budgetary control.
• A successful track record of events management and delivery ideally with
• Experience of managing a number of projects concurrently
• Knowledge of data gathering methods and analysis
• Ability to work independently, seeking guidance where needed
• Ability to work to deadlines and project manage
• Experience of establishing and using social media platforms
• Track record of working positively with volunteers and partners.
• Knowledge and experience of project fund raising
• An interest in and familiarity with current Scottish cultural affairs
• Understanding of marketing principles
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the day to day co-ordination and planning of the events and awards programme including telephone answering and responding to email enquiries.
• Liaise with venues and events participants
• Manage events budgets
• The preparation of publicity material such as press releases, banners, flyers.
• Fundraising and sponsorship for events and projects
• Develop and draft website and new media content as required
• Coordinate set-up, delivery and break down of events and awards.
• Produce and undertake event surveys, analyse data and produce evaluation reports.
• Answer and process booking enquiries for use of the Society’s venue.
• Management of events, awards and membership databases.
• Carry out any other duties appropriate to the nature of the post as directed by Programme Director.
Hours:4 day week, 30 hours per week (Tuesday- Friday 9am to 5pm) Working days flexible.
Holidays:Pro- rata based on 25 days per annum
12 Month Contract (3rd April 2017 – 31st March 2018) with a possibility of extension there after.
£22,500.00 pro rata plus pension
Location: Edinburgh City
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Sarah Mason), or call 0131 556 1836, or visit http://www.saltiresociety.org.uk/news/2017/02/20/events-officer-opportunity
The deadline is Monday 06 March 2017 at 12:00.