A day of dementia-inclusive music training for choir leaders and organisers, community workers and professionals working in the care and healthcare sector.
This training day is designed to help leaders interested in this field of work to develop new and stronger skills and knowledge around choral leadership and dementia-inclusive practice, so we can increase the accessibility of choirs and singing opportunities across Scotland to people living with dementia and their carers.
The day will consist of two training sessions:
10am – 12noon Dementia Inclusion Training led by Age Scotland
12.45pm – 4pm Community Music Training led by composer and community music specialist Stephen Deazley
Attendees can choose to attend one or both sessions. Lunch will be provided for those attending both sessions on the day. When booking your place, please select the option that applies to you.
This is a free training event, but booking is required.
Book your place at https://dementia-inclusive-music-training-perth-tickets.eventbrite.co.uk
Who is this event for?
Choir and community leaders who currently lead dementia-inclusive choirs or would like to make their practice dementia-inclusive, professionals working in the care and healthcare environments who would like to develop their music skills, and anyone who wishes to develop their knowledge about dementia-inclusive work and explore approaches to leading high quality singing activities.
What will you learn?
At the end of the training, participants should be able to:
– Demonstrate their understanding of the various types of dementia and how these impact on people’s abilities and feelings
– Explain/demonstrate the value and benefits of singing as a group for people living with dementia and their family/carers
– Explain/demonstrate key communication approaches
– Explain/demonstrate an ability to choose and teach suitable repertoire in an accessible way
– Explain/demonstrate an ability to engage the interest of participants with dementia and encourage them to develop new skills through participation in a choir
– Demonstrate an ability to lead a choir within an inclusive environment that caters for all abilities and needs
This training event is part of a new Dementia Inclusive Choirs Network which will widen singing opportunities for people living with dementia across Scotland. The network is supported by Life Changes Trust and The Baring Foundation, in partnership with Age Scotland, Scottish Care and Making Music.
The event is supported by Horsecross Arts.
Location: Perth and Kinross
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.luminatescotland.org/events/dementia-inclusive-music-training-perth
The deadline is Saturday 14 September 2019 at 10:00.