Through this scheme emerging professional musical theatre composers are paired with a venue and given the opportunity to be involved in a range of work.
We are delighted that Mercury Musical Developments (MMD) and Musical Theatre Network (MTN) have been awarded further funding from the Cameron Mackintosh Foundation to support five placements as part of The Cameron Mackintosh Resident Composer Scheme over 2018-2021.
Through this scheme emerging professional musical theatre composers are paired with a venue, and given the opportunity to be involved in a range of work which could include underscoring plays, setting text to music or working on development of their own musical theatre material.
We are thrilled that the next placement will take place at the Dundee Rep Theatre – the scheme’s first Scottish based placement. The placement will begin in October 2018. The fee is calculated to cover 6 months of your time, but this can sometimes be spread across a longer intermittent period. The exact timetable and the projects to be worked on will be agreed in consultation between the composer and the venue’s Artistic Planning team. While the opportunity is open to any applicant resident in the UK, it’s expected the successful applicant will be based in Dundee for a significant portion of at least six months.
Key opportunities may include:
• Shadowing the rehearsal/production process for a new musical adaptation of ‘The Snow Queen’ by Noisemaker (Scott Gilmour and Claire Mckenzie), directed by Dundee Rep’s Artistic Director, Andrew Panton, and MD’d by Gavin Whitworth – there is also a possibility of assistant musical directing opportunities, depending on candidate’s experience/aspirations. (Oct-Dec 2018)
• Assisting/shadowing the composer on a production of ‘All My Sons’, directed by Jemima Levick (Jan-Mar 2019)
• Developing/workshopping own musical theatre project with other creatives/actors within ‘Rep Stripped’ festival of new work in a ‘scratch’ environment (April 2019)
• Composing score for a production which will tour village halls and community centres for two weeks (May-Jun 2019)
• Composing and leading workshops with Dundee Rep’s award-winning ENGAGE team, whose groups range from youth theatre to adult drama.
For full details please visit the MMD website.
Location: Dundee City
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com), or call 020 7395 5461, or visit http://www.mercurymusicals.com/cameron-mackintosh-resident-composer-dundee-rep-composer-brief/
The deadline is Friday 24 August 2018 at 23:55.