Creative Learning are currently planning the Arts Across Learning Festival 2020 and invite proposals from Creative Practitioners to deliver arts-based learning experiences.
Each year Creative Learning presents The Arts Across Learning Festival, a celebration and exploration of the arts and their value to learning and teaching in Aberdeen. The festival brings a stimulating wealth of learning experiences to spark imagination and enthusiasm for learning to nursery and primary pupils and their teachers.
We are delighted to work with Creatives to enrich the offer to our City schools.
The Festival runs from Monday 24 February – Friday 6 March 2020.
We are looking for Creative Practitioners to deliver between 4 and 8 sessions within primary schools.
Each session will run for 1 to 2 hrs max fitting within the school day.
The Arts Across Learning Festival in 2020 will:
• Enhance children’s learning experiences across the curriculum, through creative approaches, cultural participation and partnerships
• Give children the chance to express themselves, test and apply creativity skills and share their work with others
• Improve children’s ability to recognise and articulate their own skills and potential, through innovative arts and creative learning experiences
• Demonstrate Aberdeen is a city without creative barriers where children and schools can experiment with and be transformed by the arts, creativity and culture.
• Provide a creative space to allow pupils to shape their own learning, demonstrating individuality and uniqueness.
The festival has 2 themes;
• Health, wellbeing and engagement in learning; promoting self-esteem, inclusion and eagerness to take part and learn.
• Development of employability and creativity skills; recognising and progressing the skills that are valuable to learning and the future workplace, not matter what age you are.
Please see the link below for full information and the application.
Location: Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire
For further information, please contact email@example.com (Alison Black), or call 01224611161, or visit https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/leisure-culture-and-parks/creative-learning/work-creative-learning
The deadline is Wednesday 23 October 2019 at 10:00.