- To implement a range of learning opportunities in line with the Creative Scotland’s Youth Music Initiative Formula Funded initiative.
- To implement a range of music initiatives, training programmes, staff development and support for staff.
- To work in collaboration with existing arts staff to implement a range of high quality programmes that support YMI aims, with professional artists and arts organisations for children and young people within East Lothian schools.
- To highlight the value of music education.
- To liaise with teachers, Head Teachers, Creative Scotland and other agencies to develop innovative music activities for children and young people.
- To collaborate with staff in the Arts Service to help achieve the aims of the Service.
- To prepare funding applications to agencies in order to implement projects.
- To value and promote diversity in arts programmes and inclusive approaches to all activity.
- To be an effective advocate for the YMI programme.
- To liaise with national bodies such as the National Youth Choir of Scotland ( NYCoS), Live Music Now and other music providers to support and develop projects.
- To identify continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities for teachers and artists to enhance the quality and opportunity of activity.
- To ensure projects are managed efficiently and effectively.
- To implement relevant evaluation and monitoring strategies for all projects.
- To attend regular Arts Service team meetings and other meetings as necessary
- To undertake other duties relevant to the grading of the post.
Location: East Lothian
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com), or call 01620 827868, or visit http://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/downloads/download/1834/east_lothian_council_employment_information%0b%20
The deadline is Sunday 23 October 2016 at 22:00.