This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with an excellent understanding and practical insight into the arts sector to join our team at An Lanntair as our Artist Support Project Coordinator.
Job Title: Artist Support Project Coordinator
Hours of work: Part time, three days per week
Rate of pay: £22,850 per annum (pro rata)
Base: An Lanntair, Stornoway
Contract: Fixed term, three years, with potential to extend subject to funding
This new role as Artist Support Project Coordinator will be funded by new funding recently secured through Esmée Fairbairn Foundation for the next three years. The aim of the role is to create and deliver an artist support programme that provides transformational opportunities for emerging artistic talent from the Outer Hebrides to successfully break into and succeed in the arts industry.
The post is a practical, supportive role for artists, and a project management role.
It will be a supportive programme, designed to encourage the creative and career development of emerging artists across the spectrum of the creative industries; from visual artists to musicians, writers, designers, film makers and more.
The key tasks will be to:
– Recruit new and emerging artists to the project.
– Develop and implement a portfolio of artist support services to offer.
– Provide one to one coaching support to each artist or creative practitioner on the programme, creating a bespoke action plan for each.
– Develop a mentoring programme, source mentors from across the creative industries, and facilitate the mentoring process.
– Organise a workshops programme.
– Arrange programmes of sharing events.
– Facilitate a network of local artists and creative practitioners and entrepreneurs.
How to apply
The job description and person specification for this role are available here – http://lanntair.com/about-us/work-with-us/ Applicants are invited to review these carefully and submit a detailed letter of application, setting out the ways in which they meet the essential and desirable criteria in the person specification, and their Curriculum Vitae by post or email to:
Elly Fletcher, Chief Executive
An Lanntair, Kenneth Street, Stornoway, HS1 2DS
Should any applicant wish to ask any questions or discuss anything prior to submitting their application, please feel free to contact Elly Fletcher, Chief Executive on 01851 708480 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Na h-Eileanan Siar
The deadline is Monday 10 December 2018 at 09:00.