We asked Katy Cooper about her plans for her workshop in Alloway on Saturday 11th November. Here’s what she had to say.
- How would you describe your teaching – in 3 words?
Clear, varied and fun!
- Can you tell us one of the songs you’ll be teaching at the workshop?
I will be teaching a real variety of stuff, but I’m looking forward to teaching a new wassail I’ve been working on!
- What are you most looking forward to at Alloway?
Meeting lots of singers, and having fun learning new songs! I love doing stand-alone workshops – where the participants and song-leader are just working on the material for one day. I always find them to be really refreshing – and I like to make sure my sessions really focus on the enjoyment of singing.
- Who would you most like to sing with or compose for?
Hmmm… tricky one! David Tennant? Can he sing?! Probably someone like June Tabor, or Maddy Prior? And who would I like to compose for… hmmm King’s College Cambridge! Or Northern Harmony.
- What has been your favourite singing experience?
These are hard questions! It’s really hard to think of one stand along experience but the type of singing I enjoy most is the unplanned, ad hoc harmony singing you get at folk clubs, or at sing-arounds.
You can find the details of Katy’s workshop here.