Entries are now closed
Scotland Live Awards 2017 are now open! After a successful first two years with 6 new clubs being set up we are now taking applications for the 3rd year of this project. We are inviting applications from new Promoters who want to follow their love of music and set up a music club. We will give each of the 3 shortlisted new clubs £2000 each (monthly payments) to help with set up costs. Each club will be mentored by an experienced Promoter, offering advice throughout the process. To apply to be part of the Scotland Live Awards, please fill in the form below after reading the terms and conditions of entry. The closing date is Friday March 17th 2017.
Read about the clubs launched in September 2016.
- Open to Scottish based promoters except employees of Hands Up for Trad and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
- All promoters must be aged 18 or over. No experience is needed – just passion.
- Only one entry per promoter is allowed.
- Promoter musc be resident in Scotland
- Incomplete, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not in accordance with these terms & conditions will not be accepted
- The closing date for entries is Friday March 17th 2017.
- The panel will choose 3 promoters to form 3 clubs. Clubs can be any kind of Scottish traditional music eg folk, box and fiddle, Gaelic, Scots etc.
- Promoters agree to Hands Up for Trad Promotion/marketing activity
- By entering the competition promoters must be willing to put on 8 gigs from September 2017 in a venue of their choosing.
- Promoters must have a bank account.
- Hands Up for Trad will pay in installments and have the right to withhold the payment if participants don’t meet the agreement.
- HUfT retains final decision including termination of agreement.
- No correspondence will be entered into.