Do you write tunes in a Scottish traditional style? Hands Up for Trad are looking for the top 20 tunes of 2022 for their 2022 Collection. They can be anything from reels, jigs, airs, waltzes and anything in between! All you have to do is to upload them to MusicHub! All the tunes will be listened to by our panel of musicians and their favorite top 20 chosen.
To enter visit MusicHub and then upload your music sheet here. Make sure it is in a PDF format. It doesn’t have to be written out in a music software programme like Sibelius or Finale – it can be a piece of handwritten music scanned into computer – just make sure it is legible and has your details on it. Also make sure it is less than 2MB or the form will not accept your entry.
The closing date for entries is Friday 30th September.
The 2022 Collection is a Hands Up for Trad project. If you write tunes why not upload your tunes to MusicHub. It exists to give you the opportunity to promote your music rather than leaving it in your homes and unseen and on a hard disk.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Open to Scottish based or born acts except employees of Hands Up for Trad and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
- All composers must be aged 13 or over.
- Composers can add as many tunes as they like.
- Incomplete, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not in accordance with these terms & conditions will not be accepted.
- The closing date for entries is Friday 30th September 2022.
- The top 20 will be selected by our panel of experts. The list will be announced in October 2022.
- The 2022 Collection will also incorporate tunes submitted to the MusicHub website in 2022.
- No correspondence will be entered into. The panels decision is final.
- The Promoter will only use the personal details supplied for the administration of the competition and for no other purpose, unless we have your consent.
* The top 20 is according to our panel. We acknowledge that a tune means and sounds different to different people. In fact we love all the tunes that you submit and really appreciate it. This is a marketing exercise to publicise all the brilliant composing that goes on in Scotland today so if you don’t make it to the top 20 please do not worry – just keep on writing.