This fund support individuals, organisations and networks to undertake strategic action or training that will strengthen the youth music sector in Scotland for the benefit of young people.
The Youth Music Initiative’s Strengthening Youth Music fund aims to support individuals, organisations and networks to undertake strategic action or training that will strengthen the youth music sector in Scotland for the benefit of young people.
Who can apply
Organisations/individuals can apply for funding between £1k – £20k. Targeted funding applications are invited by Creative Scotland for up to £50k for activity which strategically address the aims of the programme.
The remaining deadlines for 2018-19 are:
14 November 2018
We welcome applications proposing any activity that will deliver the funds outcomes. Examples of activities that we might support include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Creation or further development of youth music forums that bring stakeholders together to foster strategic action
• Delivery of action research projects that develop new approaches/methods of working
• Development of technology that will widen access to music for young people
• Conferences, seminars or events sharing good practice or exploring issues pertinent to the youth music sector
Please note that this fund will not generally support applications for CPD and training benefiting a small group from a single organisation. For CPD and training for individuals and single organisations, please consider applying to the Training and CPD Fund administered by the Scottish Music Centre on behalf on YMI (opening in summer 2018).
We will prioritise applications that tackle inequality by supporting the sector to engage YMI’s priority groups in high quality music activities. These groups are:
• looked after children and young people (as defined by the Children (Scotland) Act 1995) and care leavers (as defined by the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014).
• resident in areas of social and economic deprivation ranking high in the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD).
• from minority ethnic backgrounds
• disabled and/or have additional support needs
• at risk of offending or who have previously offended
• young carers or young parents
• in the early years (0-5 years) of their life
We endeavour to support a range of projects across the whole of Scotland.
Location: All Scotland
For further information, please contact email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call 0845 603 6000, or visit http://www.creativescotland.com/funding/funding-programmes/targeted-funding/youth-music-initiative/_recache
The deadline is Wednesday 14 November 2018 at 23:59.