The Writer Producer Fund offers an opportunity for songwriters and writer-producers working in popular music to further develop their careers and writing/production credits with grants of up to £10k
The Writer Producer Fund is delivered by PRS Foundation in association with the BASCA Trust. The BASCA Trust provides education and grants, and raises public awareness about songwriters and composers.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be:
– Songwriters (behind the scenes creators of new music who don’t also perform or produce), or
– Writer-producers (those working on production who contribute to the songwriting process and are acknowledged as writers), and
UK based PRS for Music members with a CAE number
Applications can be made by songwriters / producers directly or by their representatives. Those who can apply on their behalf include;
– Co-writers (published and unpublished)
– Music Publisher
– Trusted advisor
In addition, the fund is available to songwriters/producer-writers who may also perform as a way of making money, or to those known as artists who want to forge careers as songwriters. Support will only cover development of careers as songwriters. Any music creators considering themselves as performing artists first and foremost will be signposted to other schemes.
NOTES ON ELIGIBILITY: This application is not for writers and producers just starting out, demoing and developing. We are looking for writers and producers with successes in their writing careers and applicants must have a previous track record.
Applicants must have at least 3 commercially exploited works – this means a work that has been performed live, has received media coverage or radio play, and/or has been released via commercial channels. For those without evidence of commercially exploited works, we will ask you to name at least 5 credited works registered with PRS for Music.
What can be funded?
Activity supported is likely to cover a number of areas, which combined will support your career development. Activity can include;
– Time to create
– Production fees
– Training / Skills courses at places such as Point Blank / SSE Creative / Professional development
– Mix fees
– Studio hire
– Purchase of equipment / software / hardware (covers up to 25% of costs)
– Musician fees
– Marketing and promotional costs
– PR Manager to help build their profiles as songwriters
– UK writing space rental / Lease
– Maternity leave and child care
– International activity that could build your profile and benefit your creative development
For more info visit the website.
Deadline 6pm, 24 June, 2019
Location: All Scotland ,England, Wales, Northern Ireland
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://prsfoundation.com/funding-support/funding-music-creators/next-steps/writer-producer-fund/
The deadline is Monday 24 June 2019 at 18:00.