I received this email the other day. It’s good news for anyone who puts music on SoundCloud (at bloody last). I don’t know if it has rolled out to everyone (I don’t have it yet) or what the criteria is however it is good to be aware of it. This is from their Creator Guide.
Why you should monetize with SoundCloud Premier
If you’re creating on SoundCloud, you know that you can upload a track and it’s readily available for your fans to stream. With SoundCloud Premier monetization, we wanted to bring this instant gratification to payments – fast-tracking a process that can be time-consuming and complex.
When you monetize with SoundCloud Premier, we provide the following things:
• Leading revenue share: SoundCloud meets or beats any other streaming service.
• Faster payouts: You’ll have more cash in your pocket because we pay you directly each month.
• Comes with Pro: The program is accessible to all eligible Pro subscribers at no additional cost.
• Instant availability: Your uploaded tracks are available for immediate discovery and monetization.
• Direct access to your fans: Get real-time feedback from our massive global community.
You retain all rights for the music you choose to monetize with SoundCloud Premier and are free to make that music available across other platforms. Note, you have the option to enable downloads for any of your tracks as long as you have the necessary rights to do so. However, SoundCloud doesn’t charge users for downloads and so isn’t responsible for the payment of royalties on downloads. If you choose to make one of your tracks available for download, you will be responsible for any publishing royalties that are due on those downloads.
Read more >>> https://creators.soundcloud.com/guide