Hands Up for Trad aims to implement an equal, collective and ensemble approach to the work it does, where all voices are valued to enable a sense of collective ownership in the company. This extends not only in its approach managerially but also creatively across the board. The company aims to foster a sense that what it produces belongs to everyone. This is transferred to its audience as a celebration of the spirit in which the company works.
- Hands Up for Trad strives to operate a policy of Equal Opportunity in all aspects of its work. The company values the contribution of the individual regardless of sex, age, disability, race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, social background or marital status.
- Hands Up for Trad applies an equal opportunities policy to all areas of its work; this includes the recruitment of staff, committees and Board members.
- All members of the company have a responsibility to follow this policy. Hands Up for Trad is committed to making this policy effective by encouraging staff awareness of the policy and codes of good practice.
- Hands Up for Trad undertakes periodic monitoring to assess and review the effective implementation of this policy. This is the responsibility of the Company Secretary.
- Any complaints regarding the breach of this policy are fully investigated by the Company Secretary.
- Hands Up for Trad endeavours to market its work to all members of the community and strives to make its work as accessible as possible.
- Hands Up for Trad ensures that publicity material does not contain sexist or racist language or imagery.
- Hands Up for Trad seeks to employ/contract a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large as a reflection of the individual and unique contribution of the people in that community irrespective of age, sex, race, marital status, disability, sexuality, colour, religion, ethnic or national origin, history of illness, needs of dependants and/or parenthood.
- Hands Up for Trad is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. In particular, Hands Up for Trad aims to ensure that no potential or actual employee receives more or less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, sex, race, marital status, dependants and/or parenthood.