Time: 10am-1pm (Saturday mornings during term time) Venue: Castlehead High School, Paisley, PA1 2HJ
Fèis Phàislig was established in November 2014 to provide traditional music opportunities for young people in Renfrewshire. We now offer a year-round programme of events including our weekly instrumental lessons in accordion, fiddle and guitar. These lessons take place at Castlehead High School. We are currently seeking a part-time hourly paid tutor for tuition in guitar. Applicants must be available to deliver tuition across all Saturday mornings during term time (full list of session dates are available here).
Job Description: Specific tasks
Our weekly lessons programme will deliver an inspiring and engaging experience of traditional music for our participants, with a number of performance opportunities throughout the year. Successful applicants will be required to carry out the following tasks:
1. Plan and deliver weekly group instrumental lessons during school term-time.
2. Deliver, in conjunction with the wider Fèis Phàislig tutor team, at least one mixed instrument group work class per week.
3. Follow and implement Fèisean nan Gàidheal’s Gaelic Policy including using Gaelic within lessons as much as possible. Support and guidance will be provided for those who require it.
4. Follow and implement Fèisean nan Gàidheal’s Protection of Vulnerable Groups Policy at all Fèis events, including upholding a duty of care to class participants.
5. Maintain simple records in order to track class participants’ progress e.g. practice diaries.
6. Regularly liaise with participant parents/guardians to keep them informed on updates and session information.
7. Attend to all reasonable matters that are required to ensure the success of the project.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com. Applications must be submitted no later than
5pm on Friday 6th December 2019. Interviews will take place the week commencing 9th December.
For any further information, please feel free to get in touch. Kind regards,