The Emerging Artist Award is for an artist of any age (18+) with under 2 years professional experience working in Live Art and/or contemporary performance.
The Emerging Artist Award is for an artist of any age (18+) with under 2 years professional experience working in Live Art and/or contemporary performance. It is designed to support an artist through funding, advice and mentorship to develop a work to platform at Double Thrills in Autumn 2020.
We appreciate that the term Emerging Artist is a difficult one, and artists make significant changes throughout their working life. This fund is intended to guide an artist through creating a piece of work for a professional context, allowing them to increase their ambition and connect them to a national network of presenters and supporters for Live Art. We are open to artists who have had successful careers in other art forms and are interested in experimenting with Live Art, those who have just graduated from a performance degree looking into experimental practices and also those who have not received any formal education or training in performance.
The Award provides:
* £1200 Budget including development & 2 consecutive performances
* A £300 development fund to hire an artist mentor or go and see performance work in national festivals
* Up to a weeks Residency in the Centre for Contemporary Arts
* Mentoring and Advice from //BUZZCUT// Team
* A platform at Double Thrills in Autumn 2020 (2 consecutive nights)
Through discussion with the successful applicant we will support them to find appropriate partners and additional funding and, if appropriate, we will also create a strategic plan for the future life of the project.
Eligibility / Criteria
* Applicants must be based in Scotland and have been working professionally in Live Art or contemporary performance for under 2 years.
* The opportunity is open to artist duos and collectives.
* This opportunity is not open to those in Undergraduate or undertaking a Masters focused on their artistic practise. Students graduating in June 2020 are welcome to apply.
If the applicant lives outside of Glasgow, we will be able to support travel and accommodation to perform at Double Thrills.
Location: All Scotland
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com), or visit https://www.glasgowbuzzcut.co.uk/#/2020-emerging-artist-award/
The deadline is Sunday 22 March 2020 at 23:59.