sound is pleased to offer a development opportunity for composers based in North East Scotland as part of our soundcreators programme.
The opportunity will involve working with Aberdeen’s new music ensemble, Any Enemy, to write a new work for performance during this year’s soundfestival.
Any Enemy is Aberdeen’s new music ensemble. Formed in 2018, it is comprised of local practitioners and students. Currently the membership comprises the following instruments: violin, cello, flute, oboe, bassoon, trumpet, percussion (2) and piano. The conductor is Pete Stollery.
• 30 June 10am-1pm: initial workshop (for which you will be expected to have prepared some sketches);
• Date tbc in late August/September tbc for a first read-through of your piece;
• Performance during soundfestival 2019 (23 October – 3 November).
Please send the following information by email to email@example.com:
• some information about yourself (biography/CV);
• a short paragraph detailing your motivation for taking part;
• a couple of examples of pieces you have already written (either score or recording).
The deadline for applications is 17 June 2019.
We will select around 2-3 composers who we feel are best suited to work with the ensemble.
Please note that this opportunity is not remunerated.
The soundcreators programme is supported by Creative Scotland, Help Musicians UK and the PRS for Music Foundation as part of its Talent Development Programme.