We set up the fund in March last year to provide quick short-term relief to PRS writer members who find themselves in extreme immediate hardship because of the effects of COVID-19.
Last year, the Emergency Relief Fund raised an incredible £2.1m and supported more than 4,000 music creators who were facing hardship. In this third phase, the PRS Members’ Fund will set aside another £2 million from its funds, to reach many more members who are in need.
We’re offering grants to members who meet our new eligibility criteria:
- You joined PRS as a writer member before 1 January 2019
- You’ve earned £500 since you joined
- In 2020 you earned less than three quarters of what you earned in PRS royalties in 2019
- You earned less than £5,000 in PRS royalties in 2020
- You’re suffering genuine hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Please note that although you’re eligible, this doesn’t mean you’re pre-approved for payment. We’ll assess your application based on the details of the hardship you’re facing, as well as plans for how you’d use the grant.
If you applied to the Emergency Relief Fund last year and received a grant, you can apply again if you’re still in need.
Applications are open now until 5pm on Friday 12 February and we’ll be accepting one application per member.
Before you apply, if you don’t have one already, you’ll need to set up an online account with us. To set one up you’ll need:
- Your membership (CAE/IPI) number (you can find it on the top right hand side of this email)
- Your bank account number (the account registered with your PRS account)
It may take up to five days to process a new online account, so please bear this in mind. Find out more and Apply